In this article, we will guide you on how to make perfume in Nigeria. It is so easy to make perfume on your own when you have the proper guidance and the chemicals needed to produce a perfume that smells nice.
The Nigerian markets are filled with different brands of perfume with a similar scent but what about making yours smell different? This can be useful for personal use and you can also produce it in large quantities for commercial or business purposes.
Never forget that perfumes have their own function in fashion and our general events and business life, aside from the fact that a nice fragrance can call people’s attention to you making you lovable and open to your doors of opportunities because you smell good it can also increase your self-esteem and attract you to those that matter or even to an opposite gender giving you that special groove.
The thing is it is very easy to make a perfume and can be done by the mixture of some chemicals containing alcohol, sterilized water, beverages, fragrances, essential oils, and other things that will be mentioned in this article on How to Make Perfume in Nigeria.
Mind you, there is no need to have each of the chemicals as you can also make perfume with just alcohol and essential oils only, some do not even include alcohol based on their personal preference.
Read Also: How To Start Cosmetics Business In Nigeria
Just to let you know, you can make your own perfume at home with a low budget and if you need to make it in large quantities it won’t take much capital, you can also customize yours and make it smell different from the regular perfumes you buy in the market.
Ingredients For Making Perfume In Nigeria
Before we dive into the guide on how to make perfume in Nigeria you first need to know the necessary ingredients needed to produce a unique and quality perfume. With essential natural oils, base, and other ingredients you can achieve a special fragrance for your perfume.
These ingredients or chemicals can be obtained easily as they are sold in the market, you can find them in popular markets like Ladipo market in Lagos and also in Abeokuta, Aba, and other popular Nigerian markets.
We have listed below the ingredients or raw materials you need to buy from the market for the production of your perfume, here is the list of the needed ingredients:
- Assorted roots
- Sodium nitrite
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Jojoba oil
- Beeswax for dry perfume
- Pure ethyl
- Essential oils
- A glass container for mixing
- Base oil
- Glass bottle for packaging your perfume
- Neatly cut Strips of paper
How Much Is Needed To Start Perfume Production In Nigeria?
It will surprise you that for small scale production of perfume all you need for the startup is a minimum of ₦50,000 but if you intend on starting a commercial perfume-making business more will be needed and for large quantities, you should have a minimum of ₦3,000,000 and the amount needed could be determined by the factors listed here:
- Location of your factory
- The vision, purpose, and mission of your business
- Your collective clients
How to Make Perfume in Nigeria At Home
This is more like science, to get a perfect and unique scent you have to play with the measurement of chemicals for mixtures, experimentation is the most important task you are required to carry out.
With you experimenting with various chemicals and mixtures you can easily invent your own perfume and stick with the measurement that gives you that perfect scent.
Following this “Do It Yourself (DIY)” guide you should come up with a nice perfume within a couple of minutes.
- Get a bottle and pour in some base oil
- Add some essential oil into the base oil which turns into a mixture
- Stir to achieve an evenly distributed solution
- Pour some alcohol into the mixture
- Take your time to mix the mixture thoroughly
- Give a space of 3 days to allow the solution to settle so as to get a scent extract, after that extract the scents
- Give more 2 days then add distilled water then shake the solution together
- Place the perfume in a dark place for three weeks, the reason is that we don’t want any reaction to light so as to avoid photosensitivity.
- With the use of a filter paper, filter out sediments that may be lurking in the solution
- Now pour your filtrate in a colored bottle with a stopper then package properly
With this step carefully followed you should have your own perfume invented.
How Much Can I Profit From Perfume Production in Nigeria?
Knowing just How to Make Perfume in Nigeria is but a step as you definitely need to know how much you will profit if you intend to go for mass production of perfume in Nigeria. We are happy to tell you that the perfume enterprise is a profitable one in Nigeria, it is highly profitable mostly based on your location, connection, how you handle your customers, or how you can woo potential customers.
The reason why you need to venture into a perfume-making business is that even with a small scale production f around ₦50,000 to ₦100,000 you can actually make a profit of over ₦450,000 in a month.
To earn more you can also scale up your production and earn millions of Naira monthly, below we have listed the reason why the perfume business is a highly profitable one:
- You can easily get the raw materials and they are very cheap.
- There is high demand for unique scented perfume so the perfume niche is large
- Quality perfume translates to higher prices, you can make your perfume more expensive if you can come up with a good fragrance.
- People of the high class cherish having a non-common perfume.
How To Market Your Perfume (Marketing Strategy)
Just like we rightly said, How to Make Perfume in Nigeria is just another step, you know until you sell your products, you are not yet in business? Every production needs proper marketing, if you do not tell people about your product they won’t know. Once people are ware then they will patronize you, to achieve a good sale follow the below marketing strategy proven to have worked for most producers.
- Use the service of a graphics designer to design you a clean and beautiful brand logo.
- Print out a business card and also tell your graphics designer to get you a soft copy of it.
- Make a label for your finished product which will show some of the ingredients used in making it.
- Distribute to the market, you can meet some store owners and give them at a cheaper price.
- Sell through direct sales in your shop or store.
- Meet with distributors in every state in Nigeria to have more reach.
- Make use of the internet; social media handles like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other online stores.
Read Also: How To Start A Cosmetics Retail Business
The perfume production business is one that most Nigerians are not looking into and this has made our market filled with imported perfumes when we can easily produce them here. If you can produce yours for commercial purposes then it is certain you can make it big within a short period of time.
Mind you, the production of quality perfume determines your success in this business line. To that, we believe this article on How to Make Perfume in Nigeria will get you started.