If you want to know how to produce hair cream in Nigeria either for your personal use or to sell in large quantities and make a huge profit from it then this article is specially made for you.
We will reveal all you need to know about hair cream production in Nigeria as the production of hair cream is now considered to be a lucrative business that some have been cashing out big on. If you are a hairstylist then this will be so useful because you will mostly use your cream on your customers and even have a better chance of advertising to them.
As we all know we cannot do without our hair as this region alone adds to human beauty most especially ladies so there is high demand for hair cream in Nigeria and not only in Nigeria but all over the world.
The fact that you see hair creams in the market well packaged you may be thinking it will be difficult to achieve such but it isn’t difficult at all and also it only requires little money to start it.
Once there is assurance that your product works well then people will definitely patronize you and to make your product a high-quality one you need to read this article in full.
Factors to Consider When Making Creams in Nigeria
There are some vital factors you need to consider on How to Produce Hair Cream in Nigeria for you to make a good profit, they are:
- Branding & Packaging
- Fragrance (Scent) and Colour
These are just the four factors you need to consider, remember you can start with a small capital and as time goes on you expand.
Equipment For Hair Cream Production Business
This guide on How to Produce Hair Cream in Nigeria is practically written for small scale productions from home, however, nothing stops you from scaling up. If you are to produce on a large scale then the following equipment is needed for you to scale up your production:
- Mixing Tank
- Customized Packaging Container
- Heating System (stove/gas cooker)
Mind you, the ingredients for either small scale or large scale remains the same, you only need to buy in larger quantities or smaller if you don’t want to produce in bulk.
Requirements to Produce Hair Cream in Nigeria
Below are the ingredients you need to make your top quality hair cream:
- Wax (0.2kg)
- Petroleum Jelly (1kg)
- Paraffin Oil (1.8kg)
- Glycerine (400g)
- Menthol (200g)
- Industrial perfume (little amount)
- Lanolin (0.4kg)
Once you are able to get all these you can then proceed to the production following the below process.
How to Produce Hair Cream in Nigeria: Process of Making Hair Cream
- Light up your cooking gas or stove and place a container or pot on it.
- Pour the paraffin oil into it.
- After it has warmed up for like 3 minutes add some petroleum jelly into it.
- Wait for 5 minutes before adding the Lanoline into the mixture and stair all the mixtures
- Now you need to divide the wax into small sizes and gradually add it to the mixture.
- With the aid of your mixer let it dissolve and carefully stir continuously for all the components to fall in love.
- Once done you bring down the container/pot and you can switch off the gas or stove.
- Take proper measurement of the amount of perfume you wish to add and mix together, it will add that inviting fragrance to the hair cream.
- You can now add your colourant and stir continuously till you get your desired colour.
- After properly mixing all together put the cream into customized plastics and attach your label to it.
Once all these have been done you now have a product ready for the Nigerian market, for the different variants of your product, you can add any of these; shea butter, hair relaxer, coconut oil, aloe vera gel, jojoba oil and so on.
The Best Places To Sell Hair Creams in Nigeria
After learning How to Produce Hair Cream in Nigeria and having produced quality hair cream products, you must be so worried about where to sell your hair creams after the production phase has been completed, selling your hair cream is very easy and shouldn’t be something to be worried about.
At first, you need to make people talk about your product and to do that you need to meet people, talk to your friends about your hair cream, visit saloons and advertise to stylists.
You can also take your product to churches and mosques, go to higher institutions around you and sell it to students, once two or three people use your product they will definitely want more if they are satisfied with the quality and they will be the ones doing your adverts even when you are not aware.
Read Also: Best Hair Growth Products in Nigeria
Also, we cannot ignore technology, you need to leverage internet technology and create pages on various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and so on then you learn to relate well with your members. There are some other free marketplace platforms you should take advantage of e.g Jiji.ng, Jumia, Konga e.t.c.
We hope we have been able to teach you how to produce hair cream in Nigeria and you are now producing yours, if you encounter any issues kindly make use of the comment box below.