Is Kojic soap effective for skin whitening? What is the best Kojic acid soap for skin lightening? Kojic is a cosmetics brand in Nigeria. Kojic acid is a mild and natural antioxidant present in most body lotions, facial creams, lightening serums, and cleansers. The Kojic soap is an antioxidant cleanser with antibacterial properties which acts against pimples and acne.
Kojic acid helps to moisturize and hydrate the skin by unclogging the skin pores and removing dead skin cells. It acts as a chemical exfoliator, which helps to reduce the skin’s melanocyte production, clears the skin, and rids it of dark spots and wrinkles.
The best kojic acid soaps are some of the few kojic acid soaps available in the Nigerian market that is regarded as the best brands to add to your skincare routine. We have detailed which Kojic acid soap is best for skin whitening and some of the best Kojic acid soaps and skin lightening soaps that can minimize aging signs.
What is Kojic Acid?
Kojic acid is a chemical compound gotten from different fungi, soy sauce, and fermented rice wine Kojic Acid is a natural antioxidant and as such protects the skin cells from oxidative processes and antibacterial agents. These antibacterial cause acne and blemishes if left untreated for some time. Kojic acid soaps help brighten the skin, limit skin damage, and have anti-aging effects.
Kojic acid is used in the production of varieties of cosmetic products, like creams, serums, soaps, and cleansers. Kojic acid soap is regularly recommended by skin consultants and skincare specialists as the best skin lightening soap. Can Kojic acid soap permanently lighten the skin? Kojic acid is an effective lightening agent and exfoliating soap. It lightens the skin tone but is not certified to last permanently.
Types of Kojic Acid
Two types of kojic acid can be used in Kojic acid soap productions
- Kojic acid
- Kojic Acid Dipalmitate
The main Kojic acid without any composite oxidizes quickly on exposure to light and heat; though it has effective lightening properties.
Kojic Acid Dipalmitate is more stable than the normal Kojic acid. It is a kojic acid derivative that is able to withstand the instability of light, heat, and the actions of metallic ions. Kojic Acid di-palmitate inhibits the action of tyrosinase by preventing the formation of melanin. Because Kojic Acid Dipalmitate is more effective than kojic acid, it is used for the production of Kojic Acid Soaps.
5 Best Kojic Acid Soap for Skin Lightening
1. Koji White Kojic Acid Skin Brightening Soap
Koji White Kojic Acid Skin Brightening Soap is not just the best kojic acid soap, it is also the best soap for skin whitening. This is one of the skin lightening soaps that combines the skin lightening effects of Kojic acid, coconut oil, and hyaluronic acid. It is very effective in clearing skin pigmentations, exfoliating the skin, hydrating the skin cells, fading dark spots, and overall giving your skin a youthful glow.
As one of the best exfoliating and lightening soaps, you can either use it on your face or on your body, added to your skincare routine. Koji White Kojic Acid Skin Brightening Soap is the best Kojic acid soap for a natural glow.
- 100% Natural
- No SLS
- Citrus Scented
- Effectively lightens the skin
- Deep Exfoliation and cleansing with micro peeling effects
- Dissolves easily
- It may is not suitable for all skin types especially sensitive skin
2. Marie France Original Kojic Soap
Marie France Original Kojic Soap is produced from the main kojic acid for skin lightening and toning. This kojic acid soap is one of the best skin lightening soaps and is effective for medium to dark skin tones. The concentration of Kojic acid in this soap is relatively high, which makes it a pure kojic acid soap and one of the best Kojic Acid soaps for skin lightening.
Also, the fresh kojic acid content of the Marie France Original Kojic Soap enforces its effects as a powerful Kojic acid lightening soap. It works well in tackling skin issues of less sensitive skin for awless, smoother, blemish-free, and younger-looking skin. It also clears dark spots, acne spots, age spots and fine lines, old scars and bruises, blackheads, and whiteheads.
- Vegan formulation; 100% Natural
- Lightens the skin effectively.
- Cleanses and exfoliates deeply
- It may not be suitable for sensitive skin.
- Might be a little strong for some skin types
3. Koji White Kojic Acid & Vitamin C Skin Brightening Soap
Koji White Kojic Acid & Vitamin C Skin Brightening Soap is yet another of the best Kojic acid soap for skin lightening. This is the best kojic acid soap because it has high skin lightening strength with the powerful mix of a skin whitening agent and a very effective antioxidant; pure kojic acid and vitamin C respectively. brightens overall skin tone and complexion which promises a fairer, even-toned and brighter looking skin if used daily.
The unique skin brightening treatment of using this kojic acid which doubles up as an exfoliator is evident within 2 to 3 weeks. The Kojic acid gradually removes dead skin by micro peeling to give an even skin tone, clear complexion, and reduced hyperpigmentation. This is one of the best Kojic acid soaps for skin lightening, especially for full and dry skin types.
- Combines the effects of Kojic acid and Vitamin C
- Skin lightening effect and evens skin tone
- 100% Natural Kojic acid
- Exfoliates and deeply cleanses
- Refreshes the skin
- Healthy for most skin types
- Slightly strong for sensitive skin.
4. Laisae Papaya Brightening Soap
Laisae Papaya Brightening Soap is one of the 5 best Kojic acid soaps on the market, made from the combination of kojic acid and papaya extracts. Laisae Papaya Brightening Soap also contains herbal and organic skincare products like aloe vera, Vitamins B3, and snail extract.
The Laisae Papaya Brightening Soap will be best suited for your skin type of your skin is easily irritated by chemical facial and multiple skincare products. If you are looking for the best soaps for beautifying the skin, then this brand would be one of your best picks.
This papaya-kojic acid soap is the best papaya soap and the best Kojic acid soap for skin lightening when it comes to skin exfoliation and brightening the skin. It retains moisture in the skin and is best suited for dry to fill skin types.
- Lightens the skin
- Brightens the skin
- Composed of natural ingredients
- Cleanses the skin
- It may not be suitable for sensitive skin types.
5. Koji White Kojic Acid & Glutathione Skin Brightening Soap
Koji White Kojic Acid & Glutathione Skin Brightening Soap is recommended by dermatologists and skincare specialists as the best kojic acid soap. It has also proven to be an effective Kojic acid soap and one of the best Kojic acid soaps on the market.
This top-notch Kojic acid soap is one of the top 5 best Kojic Acid soaps for skin whitening is one of the best Kojic acid soaps in the market because of its Kojic acid and glutathione content.
Both contents are effective for whitening soaps due to their antioxidizing effects, inhibition of melanin production, and enhancement of skin tone and complexion. This all-natural Kojic acid soap helps to clear and lighten dark spots, stretch marks, freckles, acne, and uneven skin tone.
- 100% natural
- Combines Kojic acid and glutathione
- Lightens skin effectively
- Cleanses and deeply exfoliates
- Mild and hypoallergenic
What Are The Benefits Of Kojic Acid Soap?
Below are some of the benefits of Kojic acid soaps:
- Kojic acid deeply exfoliates the skin
- Helps reduce pigmentation
- Kojic acid removes blackheads and whiteheads
- Lightens and smoothens the skin
- Kojic acid soaps fade dark spots in areas like the underarms, knees, elbows, buttocks, and inner thighs.
- Unclogs skin pores
The Downsides Of Kojic Acid Soap.
The following are the adverse effects of using kojic acid soap.
- Kojic Acid may cause skin irritations in sensitive areas, depending on your skin type
- It has a micro peeling effect and is a strong exfoliator. You have to use a deep skin moisturizing lotion, baby moisturizing lotion, or a facial moisturizer after using Kojic acid soap.
- It may cause redness and inflammation with a tingling and burning sensation if left on the skin for long (more than 10 seconds).
How to Properly Use a Kojic Acid Soap
- Using kojic acid soap is very simple; before using any Kojic acid soap, you need to wipe off your makeup.
- Rinse your face with warm water to open your skin pores
- Massage the soap onto your skin till it starts foaming, you can do this for 15 – 30 seconds.
- Rinse with cold water to close pores.
- Apply thick water-based or oil-free moisturizer to reduce the skin peeling effect of the Kojic acid soap. Also to prevent your skin from drying out and feeling itchy
- Avoid the sun as much as possible or you can use sunscreen with SPF 30.
Note: It is advised against using Kojic acid soaps daily because of its micro peeling effects.
Other Kojic acid soaps for skin lightening
- Shouvy Kojic Acid and Gluta White Soap
- Beyond Perfection Glutathione Original Soap
- Luxxe White Frontrow 03 Orange Papaya Bar
- Revitalize Advanced Kojic Acid brightening scrub treatment
- A’butee Pure Kojic Miracle White Soap
- Professional Skin Care Formula Kojic Acid Soap
- Queen Natural New York Kojic Max Glutathione Skin Whitening Soap
Other Exfoliating and Lightening Soaps
- Dudu Osun Black Soap
- Asante Papaya And Honey Lightening Herbal Soap
- African Black Soap
- Papaya Soap
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Kojic Acid Soap Remove Dark Spots?
Yes, kojic acid soap removes and lightens dark spots
Is Kojic Acid Soap Good For Oily Skin?
Kojic acid soap is good for both oily skin and dry skin types
Can I use Kojic acid soap on my body?
Yes, you can, Kojic acid soaps are produced for use on both the face and body. Do not leave the Kojic acid soap on your face for more than 15 seconds, especially if you are a new user.
Is Kojic Acid Soap Good For Acne?
Yes, kojic acid soap is very effective for acne.
Why does Kojic acid sting?
Kojic acid is an acid, so the stinging, tingling, or burning sensation, shows that the acidic effects of the soap are working. You may have to stop using the soap and visit your dermatologist if this continues for long.
Can Kojic Acid Soap Permanently Lighten Skin?
Kojic acid soap lightens the skin and reduces the production of melanin, but it cannot permanently lighten your skin because melanin is a body pigment constantly produced by Tyrosine in the body.
How long does it take these Kojic acid soaps to lighten the skin?
Kojic acid soaps take between 2-3 weeks of steady usage
What type of moisturizer should I use after using Kojic acid soap?
Applying oil-free deep moisturizing lotions will work best to keep your skin hydrated after usage
Kojic acid soap is a great formula for all types of skin. It works to give a lighter complexion, healthy skin, and reduced skin issues. Kojic acid soaps work best on not just the face but also body parts like the inner thighs and armpits; both men and women.