The original crusader soap is a body-medicated soap formulated with antiseptic and germicidal agents which help prevent skin infections, prickly heat, pimples, body odour, boils, and lice in the hair. In this post, we detailed all you need to know about the crusader soap and how to know original crusader soap from fake one. Read on!
As a medicated soap, Crusader has antifungal and antibacterial properties through which it effects its action. It is made of two Mercuric ingredients – 1.2% Mercuric iodide HGI2 included as 3% of a Potassium Mercuric iodide solution; which helps with skin lightening.
Pros Of Using Crusader Medicated Soap
- It is a medicated soap and can be used to clear dark areas of the skin like the neck, knuckles, knees, elbows, underarms, and feet.
- It is good for all types of acne.
- The original crusader bar soap mildly exfoliates the skin and helps eliminate clogged pores, to reveal clear radiant skin.
- The safety soap has a strong fragrance which can be used to fight body odour. It eliminates sweaty and musty odour in the groin area too
- The product is inexpensive when compared with the size of the soap and the benefits one derives from using it.
- Crusader Medicated Safety Soap destroys any bacteria or fungus on the skin as it contains two strong antibacterial and antifungal agents.
Cons Of Crusader Soap
- While clearing the skin, it tends to leave it extremely dry, hence you would need a deep moisturiser to keep your skin properly hydrated, or else you would begin looking pale and dried out. It may also be helpful to increase your water intake to supplement the water loss from your skin.
- Has a strong fragrance and while not everyone likes it, it is also used as a marker to test its authenticity. This strong-unique smell is only noticed when the soap is brought out of the box and when soaping up, but it dissipates quickly after getting dressed. Regardless of this it still combats BO
Crusader Medicated Soap Ingredients
Allantoin, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamal, Coumarin, CI11680, CI74160, CI77266, Parfum, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Sodium Cocoate) Sodium Tallowate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Triclocarban, Triclosan (Irgasan dp300), and Water
How To Use Crusader Soap
- Wet the Crusader Soap with water to form a good lather
- Wash the body all over with the lather but if used for facial treatment, leave the lather on for 5 minutes
- Rinse off with water after this duration then repeat the procedure each morning and night.
- Make sure to read the enclosed leaflet to know if your skin is allergic to any of the constituents and to learn other details
How To Know Original Crusader Soap
Because of the fast-selling nature of the crusader soap, you’re likely to see lots of fake products in the market. There are lots of ways to know if your Crusader soap is fake or original. These are:
- The original crusader soap is black while the fake one may be blue or ash.
- The original soap has a very hard texture and doesn’t dissolve easily in water but the fake can be compressed when pressed between the hands and easily melts away
- Even as the original crusader-medicated soap is black, the lather it produces is white. For the fake soap, you might see green, blue, or any other colour.
- Original Crusader Soap has a strong fragrance but the fake one has a mild fragrance and may be scented.
- The pack of the original soap says “medicated soap” while the fake bar says “safety soap”
- Look at the packaging of the soap. If it is broken, then there are also tendencies that the soap may be fake.
- When buying online, the fake crusader medicated soap has lots of bad reviews while the original one has very nice reviews that would prompt you to buy.
- Compare prices of the Crusader soap. If the price is too compelling and not competitive with other stores, then something fishy is going on with the retail store marketing to you. Of course, there would be price differences across stores, but they shouldn’t be so significant.
- If you are a long customer of the Crusader soap and have been enjoying the benefits you get from it but all of a sudden you begin noticing contact dermatitis from using it, then you may have purchased the fake crusader medicated safety soap.
FAQs On Crusader Soap
Does Crusader Contain Hydroquinone?
No, it doesn’t. However, the soap may moderately lighten the skin but not as much to clear dark spots and deep hyperpigmentation scars
Does Crusader Contain Mercury?
Yes, the original crusader soap contains mercury in a small amount but the fake one has mercury in higher amounts.
Which Cream Can I Use With Crusader For Glowing and More Radiant Dark Skin?
Where Is Crusader Soap Produced?
It is produced in the United Kingdom
How Much Is Crusader Soap?
The medicated bar soap is sold between N600 – N700 in Nigeria.