Maxi Light Cream Review: This body lotion is a good anti-ageing moisturiser specially designed to rejuvenate and renew your skin. Before we get into details, please note that Maxi Light lotion is not associated with Maxi White Cream.
Detailed Maxi Light Cream Review
What Does Maxi Light Cream Do?
Maxi Light is a skin clarifying agent that unifies and evens out the skin tone. It is rich in Vitamin A & E, and other trace elements which help to clear the skin of black and brown spots, giving the skin a smooth and radiant shine. This cream is one of the best creams for skin lightening.
Benefits Of Maxi Light Lightening & Purifying Body CREME
- This body lotion clears up the skin, gets rid of hyperpigmentation, and evens out its tone. It really helps with discolouration.
- It is infused with fruit Acids containing oligo-elements that keep the skin soft and illuminated
- The vitamin contents of the cream help to protect the skin from UV rays.
- It has the scent of argan oil which keeps you feeling fresh as the skin brightens out your body.
- It is a light cream that easily massages onto the skin
- It helps with fading acne scars and marks, freckles, and dark spots
- It is a quick-action lightening cream
Side Effects Of Maxi Light Cream
Most of the cons are noticed if you stop using the cream. They are:
- As it exfoliates the skin, it also bleaches it
- Mild burning, redness, stinging, and dryness may occur
- Can lead to the development of skin irritation, rashes, and discolouration if you stop usage
- Like Mic Medicated Skin Litener Cream (“Maximum Strength”), Maxi Light cream is on the trading standards banned list as it contains potentially deadly hydroquinone
- May cause skin wrinkling
Ingredients in Maxi Light Purifying and Brightening Cream
- Cetyl Stearylic Alcohol
- Citric Acid
- 2% Hydroquinone
- Isopropyl Myristate
- Methyl Paraben
- Mineral Oil
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Sodium Sulfite
- Stearic Acid
- Tocopheryl Acetate
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
Of the many ingredients contained in Maxi Light cream, Water, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Glycerine, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, and Petrolatum are the active ingredients in it.
Direction for Use
- Cleanse or bath the skin with a good soap
- Gently scoop a generous portion of the gel crème into your palm.
- Using one of your fingers, dot the gel on your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin
- Moving in a circular motion, gently massage the skin; starting from the centre to the contours of the face.
- Repeat application twice a day but avoid exposure to direct sunlight. You can use the cream with bath soaps like Hawaii Soap or Bio Oil Odour Control Soap
As this cream is an intense whitening lotion, it should be applied to the skin twice a day for four to six weeks if it is being used for skin lightening. For prevention of hyperpigmentation spots, use the cream once a day after bathing.
How to Know Original Maxi Light Cream
The original cream has a blue gandour authenticity mark as appears on the picture above, while the fake one does not have a seal.
FAQs on Maxi Light Purifying and Brightening Cream
Does Maxi Light have hydroquinone?
Yes, it contains hydroquinone.
Is Maxi Light a bleaching cream?
Yes, it is. Lightening Milk Maxi Light S1 is enriched with glycerin and some other very active agents which are highly potent lightening treatments for the body. This formulation works to lighten the skin and fade brown spots by acting on the skin’s pigmentation system. Ultimately, the skin becomes more uniform, soft and silky.
Does Maxi Light have mercury?
After some tests by the Chicago tribune, it was discovered that Maxi light bleaching cream did not contain Mercury. However, they noted:
“This does not guarantee that they are mercury-free; tests on different batches of the same cream might yield different results.”
Is glycerin good for the skin?
Glycerin acts as a humectant by allowing the skin to retain moisture. This is great for the skin as it increases skin hydration, relieves dryness, and makes the skin look supple and youthful. It also acts as an emollient, which means that it can soften the skin.
Why is lanolin good for the skin?
Lanolin is gotten from plants and on the plants, it helps seal the plant leaves and shoots from excessive evaporation. When used in the production of a cosmetics product, it reduces transepidermal water loss or evaporation of water from the skin. This eventually keeps the skin moisturized and helps retain other lightening agents within the skin layers.
Can I use the cream every day?
Yes, you can. It is also a regular gel cream for use at night.
Where is Maxi Light body lotion produced?
It is produced on Ivory Coast
How much is Maxi Light cream in Nigeria?
It is sold for N3000 on average in most Nigerian stores